Re: [SLUG] library error

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 31 2005 - 18:51:59 EST

> ** ERROR **: Gdkxft requires gtk+ version 1.2 - this appears to be 2.0
> aborting...
> Aborted

> Apparently when I was screwing around with compiling g*k and friends (never
> finished, too many dependencies), I broke something.
>
> If I get my hands on a couple GB of USB drive, I'll upgrade to a modern
> distro. I just don't like being forced into it by a bunch of stuff [1]
> ceasing to work all at the same time.

   In this case I found: " You will need gtk+ at least version 1.2.0, "
Makes me think version 2.0 would be useable. (for Gdkxft)

   This is what kills me, when something says I must have version 10.0
or greater, while I have version 12.2 and I can't find version 10.0
anywhere.

   I would re- "make install" your old version of gtk+ 2.0 in this case.
You might be able to find an newer version of Gdkxft that requires
gtk+ version 2.0 (but I couldn't) someday ???

--
    Ron  KA4INM