RE: [SLUG] cisco router/wireless security

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 09:07:48 EST

Darrin Jones said:
>I really like IOS and love
> the ? feature. Although I'm told that and shortcuts don't work on the test.

Actually, the "?" and tab completion command do work on the new Cisco exam
simulations. The biggest complaint I have about the simulations are that you can't
view the topography and the network information at the same time. Other than that, I
thought the CCNA and CCNP were fair tests. I was able to get both certs with very
limited hands-on experience, lots of studying Cisco Press books, and TestOut CCNA
CBT.

BTW, it seemed to me that using Vue to schedule the tests was better than Prometric.
The Vue website is easier to navigate, easier to re-schedule tests, etc. Also, the
software that runs when you take the test is better. It seems to be less buggy, and
it's easier to skip by a lot of the survey type pre-test questions.

Doug