[SLUG] xorg woes

From: eben1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 17:21:37 EST

So now xorg's acting up. Before I upgraded, I had three modes which I
made by hand -- 1600x1200 (the panel's native resolution), 1200x900
(native * 3/4), and 800x600 (native * 1/2). xorg claims

(--) NV(0): Panel size is 1280 x 1024

when that's bogus. What do I have to do to convince it otherwise?

Also, 1200x900 wraps around horizontally, and the mouse pointer is
several hundred pixels offset to the right from the active point.
This is set up to use the "nv" driver, whereas before it used the
"nvidia" driver. I guess that's a side effect of 900 not being
divisible by 8.

Yeah, I know FPs don't look very good at non-native resolutions,
but I needed some, and until xorg started acting up, those looked
pretty darn good.