Re: [SLUG] reporting spam

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 12:34:49 EST

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 11:52 -0500, Richard Morgan wrote:
> SA has been pretty good at catching spam on my servers, but sometimes
> I'll get a
> couple that slips through. Not that big of a deal. In the past I've traced
> spam back to the source network and tried to report it to that ISP but usually
> nothing happens so I don't waste my time with it. Most of the spam now (it
> seems) is coming from networks outside the U.S. and those companies are harder
> to deal with, IMHO.

SA does a great job for me office wide but I wish there was something
proactive to do. I've heard the resolve of not really getting anywhere
with ISP's but there's got to be something less lazy than just trapping
the crap. It doesn't change the amount of Internet bandwidth chewed up
by millions of spam messages. I was kind of hoping to get a success
story or two. Hey I know....lets start a spam reduction crusade!! ;^)

Oh well.