Re: [SLUG] SLAX

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Fri Jan 27 2006 - 20:26:34 EST

Richard Morgan wrote:

> Yes, I've used SLAX and I love it. It's a great LiveCD but don't
> install it to
> your hard drive. It's not that polished to use as a hard-drive
> distro. My
> favorite LiveCD boot option is "slax copy2ram" which copies the entire
> OS to
> your RAM and speeds it up TREMENDOUSLY. Try it and you'll see what I
> mean.
>
> On my Slackware website (http://www.slackaddict.com) I interviewed the
> founder
> of SLAX - Tomas M. It's a short read and the guy was really down to
> earth.
>

> Sincerely,
> Richard Morgan
> Heavy Systems Administrator
> http://www.heavysystems.com
> Powerful web hosting and server solutions for your business.
> Heavy Systems is an Authorized AMD Solution Provider.
>

> Quoting chris lee <chris.a.lee@gmail.com>:

You might also try that on other live cd's. "dsl toram", "knoppix
toram" They work that way too. Definatley cool. It leaves it where
you don't have your cd rom monopolized, plus, like you said, it speeds
them up tremendously. On the bigger ones, though, that's a lot of ram
to do the job. There is only one computer in my house that can do the
Knoppix cd that way. Even then, there are times that the thing will
hang as the memory is loaded up with that next application you open.
Still cool, though.

--
--Michael Hast  (the evyl robot)
I'm not picking my nose.  I'm pulling things out of it.