Re: [SLUG] hardware dependancies?

From: Ian Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 11:04:33 EST

michael hast wrote:
> So, the thought suddenly occurs to me: I configure for the joy of
> configuring. I use open-source apps just to see how cool they are. I
> have more live cd's than most people do in a lifetime. Am I turning
> into a Linux user? ;-P

More than that, you're turning into a sysadmin :)

And the best part about learning all of the OpenSource apps and their
configurations: they're not going anywhere. They'll be there 15 years
from now, and someone will ask how you know it so well.

Sysadmins aren't afraid of the software. They just know it. And it's not
knowing _how_ to configure something that makes it appear effortless to
others, it's more in the knowing how _not_ to configure it. It's all
about the experience.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know. You know?

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>