Re: [SLUG] Scorched Earth 3D

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 13:06:05 EST

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Russell Hires wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 09:26 -0500, Eben King wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Russell Hires wrote:
>>
>> but maybe not wx 2.6, but I
>
> ...snip...
>
>>> Could you compile it yourself? That's a solution that I find useful
>>> occasionally, since I run debian-PPC.
>>
>> Yeah, that's what I was trying to do.
>
> I don't think you need the -dev package, I'm just d/l the source, and
> seeing what I can build. Is this what you did?

./configure stopped along the way, complaining that it couldn't run
foo-config. ICBW, but I think that's in foo-dev, not just foo. Anyhow, it
did that a bunch of times, so each time I installed what it complained
about, and it got a bit further next time. One script I never found except
in the source; ./configure said its location could be specified by an
environment variable, so that's what I did.

At the end, it got all the way through ./configure, then the lack of g++
bombed the make. Fixed that, then it choked on something in wx.

Q: What kind of modem did Jimi Hendrix use? A: A purple Hayes. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.