[SLUG] New "Super Fast" filesystem from IBM

From: Mavrick (icebergwaltz@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 11:15:45 EST

http://www.betanews.com/article/IBM_Builds_Super_Fast_File_System/1141943597

This article was released late last week. Just thought some people on the
list would be interested. Of particular note is the following excerpt:

>Called the General Parallel File System (GPFS), the technology allows for
high-speed access to files across multiple nodes of a >Linux or AIX cluster.
The file system could be used in a variety of fields, including engineering
design, digital media and >entertainment, data mining, financial analysis,
seismic data processing and scientific research.

Interesting article. Wish I had this computer in my home office. I think
my "World of Warcraft" experience would be greatly enhanced, wouldn't you
agree?? :)

Cheers,

Mav