Re: [SLUG] Re: gnucash

From: Jason Boxman (jasonb@edseek.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 17:56:32 EDT

On Monday 08 May 2006 17:40, Possum wrote:
> Haha, that's a given!
>
> I didn't force them on Linux, in fact, I asked permission to install
> it (Ubuntu)... They like it because it runs MUCH faster than winXP,
> but don't use it as primary OS simply because they can't do their
> business...
>
> That said, I would never dream of FORCING any kind of software onto
> anybody....Offer someone an alternative (the way I got turned onto
> Linux is because my legally bought M$ Office was giving me crap after
> a reinstallation of Windoze and I found OpenOffice.org to replace it
> on an anti-M$ website), they will decide which they prefer and whether
> they want to try the alternative at all.

Absolutely. I just don't want you to have unrealistic expectations about how
effective GnuCash will be for a small business and to recognize that you can
still make a move to Linux without compromising Quicken/Quick Books if it's
still a requirement.

--

Jason Boxman http://edseek.com/ - Linux and FOSS stuff