RE: [SLUG] screen savers

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 17:45:41 EDT

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Sick Twist wrote:

>> From: Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com>
>> Subject: [SLUG] screen savers
>> Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:42:12 -0400 (EDT)
>>
>> As I was scrolling through the list of available modules and verifying
>> their operation, I ran across some that were greyed out, and showed "Not
>> Installed" where the demo would be. If you went ahead and clicked on the
>> "Preview" button, you got a black screen.
>> But anyhow, I get the same "not installed" shtick. (Yes, I went back to
>> the Ubuntu version afterward.) What's the deal with that? What do I need
>> to install?
>>
>> Back to the source, I saw something like a spiral, drawn from one end, and
>> distorting from the other (several turns behind). I only saw it briefly.
>> Anybody know what it was, and if it's available separately?
>
> I am not certain which screensaver you are seeking

I found some of them (x{earth,fishtank,snow}, etc.) as standalone programs
that can be installed separately. Presumably the ones I didn't find are
done similarly, only either the Ubuntu packages don't exist or I don't know
where to find them.

    Your pretended fear lest error might step in is like the man who
    would keep all wine out of the country lest men should be drunk.
                                                  -- Oliver Cromwell