Re: [SLUG] Re: spamassassin installation

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2006 - 23:50:55 EDT

> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, Eben King wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Eben King wrote:
>>
>>> I set up and trained SA on my machine:
>>>
>>> eben@pc:~$ sa-learn --backup | head
>>> v 3 db_version # this must be the first line!!!
>>> v 386 num_spam
>>> v 942 num_nonspam
>>>
>>> But it seems not to scan some messages, which I don't understand.
>>
>> OK, it looks like Postfix passes most (all?) mail through procmail, but
>> somehow SA isn't putting its mark on them.

Figured it out. Well, got around it. I took out all options from the
spamassassin invocation in ~/.procmailrc, and started getting headers added
to incoming mail:

~/.procmailrc:
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamassassin
# -D rulesrun=255

headers:

I don't know why removing debugging options made it work, but hey. This is
correct, so I'll run with it.

--
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
  sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.