Re: [SLUG] Re: spamassassin installation

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2006 - 02:29:06 EDT

Eben King wrote:

<snip>

> Figured it out. Well, got around it. I took out all options from the
> spamassassin invocation in ~/.procmailrc, and started getting headers
> added to incoming mail:
>
> ~/.procmailrc:
> :0fw: spamassassin.lock
> * < 256000
> | spamassassin
> # -D rulesrun=255
>
> headers:
>
> I don't know why removing debugging options made it work, but hey. This
> is correct, so I'll run with it.

It's really better to set those options up in the
/etc/default/spamassassin file, under the OPTIONS= line. You can also
have the spamassassin daemon run by setting the ENABLED=1 setting in
that file. Then, in your procmailrc, instead of having
| spamassassin
in your recipe, change it to:
| spamc
This runs vastly faster than just calling spamassassin every time
procmail has to feed it an email.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster