[SLUG] Relaying mail in postfix without encryption

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2006 - 03:19:50 EDT

Here's a stumper. I want send all local mail to my local SMTP server,
which is running Postfix. I want any mail not local to our network to be
relayed to an internet smarthost. Unfortunately, there are two problems.
First, this smarthost does not do an encrypted connection (no TLS, SSL,
SASL, etc.). Second, it *does* require a username and password to accept
a connection. All the docs I've seen for Postfix assume that when you
use a username and password with a relayhost, you're doing so using SASL
or TLS encryption. I can't find anywhere in Postfix docs to tell me how
to set up such a system without the encryption.

Anyone out there who knows Postfix well enough to answer this, I'd
appreciate some help.

--
Paul M. Foster