Re: [SLUG] Upgraded to 10.1 Yeeowwww!!

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2006 - 19:58:54 EDT

> Hmm, that well may be. I had a similar issue with a packet switch I built
> up, it was trying to load some stuff before other stuff that needed to be
> up and running first. Once I moved things around that fixed it. Will have
> to check that one out. You maybe on to something as it has to load ndis-
> wrapper first in order to hear the dhcp server, and get a IP. I will
> have to
> look there.

I just went through SUS 10.1 wireless setup fun myself. Everything
looked like it was working but no connection. Finally clicked on the
little (not intuitively obvious) knetwork manager, noticed that when I
clicked on "linksys" it was not activated. I activated it. Now I have
wireless.

W00t! A cloak of poweruserness descends onto my shoulders.

Now I'm trying to do patches/updates. Gawdawful slow. And ran into
some login stupidity while trying to do the autoupdate thing, too. I am
not impressed with this version of SUSE so far.

- Robin