Re: [SLUG] Upgraded to 10.1 Yeeowwww!!

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2006 - 09:40:32 EDT

On Sunday 23 July 2006 19:58, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:

> I just went through SUS 10.1 wireless setup fun myself. Everything
> looked like it was working but no connection. Finally clicked on the
> little (not intuitively obvious) knetwork manager, noticed that when I
> clicked on "linksys" it was not activated. I activated it. Now I have
> wireless.
>
> W00t! A cloak of poweruserness descends onto my shoulders.
>
> Now I'm trying to do patches/updates. Gawdawful slow. And ran into
> some login stupidity while trying to do the autoupdate thing, too. I am
> not impressed with this version of SUSE so far.

Wow, a few people here have had some real problems. Now I don't use wireless,
but I've had no problems at all. This is a surprising turn.

I like to see who else have what problems, or success with 10.1.

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.