[SLUG] dark line on monitors

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 00:15:04 EDT

Hey, all!

    I have a weird one for you here! When I first got my 21" monitor, I
noticed a couple of dark lines that ran across it, East to West, in one
row of pixels each. At the time, I was running an ATI card and had
assumed that it was some kind of flaw with either the card or the
monitor. I felt like I could live with it given the price of the
components. Since then, I've been using that same monitor, joined with
another 21" monitor and a new NVidia card. Just now, I happened to
notice that those two lines that I had long since tuned out, are
spanning both monitors. That kind of blows out the idea of the card
since I'm using a different video card now, and that eliminates the idea
of the monitor since it's on two now. I am at a loss as to what it
could possibly be. Any ideas? Thanks!

--Michael

--
"You can tell the ideals of a nation by its advertisements." ~ Norman Douglas