[SLUG] boot problem

From: rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Fri Aug 04 2006 - 15:54:08 EDT

Hello All

I have a problem and I'm sure someone out there can help me. My PC was
hit by lighting and I had to replace the motherboard. The SATA chip set
is not the same. So when I boot my system I get a message: unable to
find "VolGroup00"

As far as I can tell this means that the kernel is not loading the right
kernel module driver for the sata hard drive. I googled around and
discovered that I might need to modify the initrd.img file and add the
proper sata_via module. I'm not sure if this is what I need to do so
correct me if I'm wrong.

I am running Fedora Core 5.

How do I modify this file?

Regards