Re: [SLUG] iPOD conversion etc.

From: John Pugh (jpugh@novell.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 10:04:15 EDT

<1155688719.10596.29.camel@cthulhu>, Logan Tygart
<thelogan@allyourbase-arebelongto.us> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 07:41 -0600, John Pugh wrote:
> <44E0C639.3030509@roblimo.com>,
> "Robin 'Roblimo' Miller" <robin@roblimo.com> wrote:
> > Levi Bard wrote:
> >> http://pag.csail.mit.edu/~adonovan/hacks/ipod.html
<snip>
> I just plug mine into SLED10 and have the same features (and more).

Keen! What do you mean by "(and more)."? Please expatiate!

and more....expatiation below.

A disclaimer first - I am not what one would call an audiophile. I
listen to radio in the car. I use my ipod for primarily one thing -
audible books.

What I did do, however, is setup banshee to import all of my MP3s and
to setup my wife's ipod phone. One useless feature is that banshee will
detect the color and type of my ipod. Once detected, I can rip a new cd
to it by simply inserting the cd, burn a cd from it, do all the sort
magic and share the music via DAAP. I could also share my listening
preferences via audioscrobbler, share recommendations and make my
library sortable with beagle. Banshee also supports iTunes Music Store
so one can make purchases. I've heard that one can download all the
lyrics for any song with the Wikipedia plugin, but I haven't ventured
there yet.
The last thing that I like is simply the fact that I can drag and drop
an audible file on my ipod and it automagically installs it.