Re: [SLUG] Asterisk users group meeting on Monday

From: Matt Florell (astmattf@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 07:19:53 EDT

On 8/15/06, Chris Mathey <slug@mathey.org> wrote:
> Matt Florell wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > If any of you are interested, we will be having an
> > Asterisk(Linux-based Open-source Phone system) meeting next Monday.
> >
> > We will be discussing Asterisk implementations and have a presentation
> > of an OSS corporate user-interface web-app that is Asterisk-based.
> >
> > More information here:
> > http://asteriskpbx.meetup.com/1/events/5065286/
> >
> > MATT---
> > This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
> > Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
> > posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
> > official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.
> >

> Hi Matt,
> What's the focus of this meeting? I run Asterisk@home figuratively and
> literally :) with Cisco 7960 + other various SIP phones. I have a
> working setup but still want to keep learning as well as find new ways
> to tweak my setup. Would it be beneficial to me?
>
> I also manage a very large Cisco VoIP network so maybe I could offer
> expertise with managing SIP in an enterprise.
>
> Regards,
> Chris

Hello,

This is only our second meeting and we do not have schedules and
specific topics of discussion for specific times yet so the meeting is
much more free-form. Although we will be touring the facility I work
at which is heavily Linux/Asterisk and I will be doing a short
presentation on our Asterisk-integrated web-apps.

Other than that the content is driven by the participants. There will
be two Astricon speakers in attendance(one of them is me) so any new
Asterisk users will have some good resources to ask questions to. We
are both very familiar with enterprise Asterisk as well so we could
have some productive discussions.

Hope to see you there,

MATT---