Re: [SLUG] SuSE 10.1 Split personality...

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 19:40:36 EDT

On 8/17/06, John Pugh <jpugh@novell.com> wrote:

> I can understand that with 10.2 since it's only alpha3. Sorry if I'm
> requesting info that you already provided, but what is the sound card on
> your machine? Intel has had problems and there is a fix/workaround. The
> CF card I'll need more detail...permission denied can be a plethora of
> issues from it being locked to it being mounted RO to there being a udev
> issue. If you can give me the udevmonitor output when you put it in and
> the details of what happens afterwards (spare the list if you wish),
> I'll see if I can help out and if anything search/input a bug on it.

Have not tried 10.2, but I am seeing things that sound quite interesting.
I wish I had got SLED vs the boxed SuSE 10.1 now and given it a try.

I will get the laptop on line and pull the files that you are looking for and
see what they show. I assume that I should attempt to mount a CF card
so that we have a known mount attempt.

I will get the info on the sound device too. It just seems so strange that the
laptop which was such a easy install on 10.0 seems to have so many
issues.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;