Re: [SLUG] SuSE 10.1 Split personality...

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2006 - 22:44:27 EDT

On 8/17/06, John Pugh <jpugh@novell.com> wrote:

> I can understand that with 10.2 since it's only alpha3. Sorry if I'm
> requesting info that you already provided, but what is the sound card on
> your machine? Intel has had problems and there is a fix/workaround. The
> CF card I'll need more detail...permission denied can be a plethora of
> issues from it being locked to it being mounted RO to there being a udev
> issue. If you can give me the udevmonitor output when you put it in and
> the details of what happens afterwards (spare the list if you wish),
> I'll see if I can help out and if anything search/input a bug on it.

John,
Did a re-install of the OS and now I can plug in a CF card or other USB
storage (at least CF and SD cards as that is what I have here) and it
now opens them up and I can get in and out of them. So there must have
been something hosed in the install, or I answered something wrong in
the Q&A...

I still can not get the sound card to put out sound, it hears just fine as I
can start up a program and see it pick up audio from the mic or from a
sound source such as a file or CD, but no output. The device is a Intel
82801DB-ICH4.

Right now that appears to be the only problem that I can see now that I
did the re-install.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;