Re: [SLUG] SuSE 10.1 Split personality...

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2006 - 02:04:34 EDT

> I still can not get the sound card to put out sound, it hears just fine as
> I can start up a program and see it pick up audio from the mic or from a
> sound source such as a file or CD, but no output. The device is a Intel
> 82801DB-ICH4.
>
> Right now that appears to be the only problem that I can see now that I
> did the re-install.

There are multiple Mixers and places that can affect your sound level.
Somewhere among those Mixers and control panels you may have
the wrong thing muted or turned down. Make sure everything is unmuted
and turned up to a moderate level. If you get sound this way, then go back
and mute stuff you don't need. I have had SUSE sound problems that I
cured this way.

                               Richard Smoot