Re: [SLUG] Favorite Printer OT

From: Mark Polhamus (meplists@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 21:39:03 EDT

Bob Stia wrote:
> I have used Epson inkjets for several years and was always satisfied with
> them, until now. The present one is a Stylus C86. It is slow, uses ink in
> prodigious amounts, the heads always need cleaning, and the price of the ink
> is out of sight!! Let alone that sneaky microchip thing they put on the ink
> cartridges.

I'll second the advice about the Epson C86. I was given a used C86, but spent
quite a bit on the large black ink cartidge. I use it infrequently, but every
time I use it I need to clean the heads. Today it took 3 or 4 cleanings
before it printed decently (that's what I was going when I read Bob's post).
Now it tells me it is low on ink -- probably because of all the head cleanings.

-- Mark Polhamus