RE: [SLUG] Favorite Printer OT

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 12:45:59 EDT

>> You stated that you clean the print head with Windex.
>> Can that be done without removing all of the ink cartridges?

I've not tried this with Epsons. I suspect you'll need to remove the
printhead, and spray Windex into the ink ports. Let it sit for 10-30
minutes. Blow out the Windex and reinstall.

On HP printers, remove the print cartridge and place a piece of paper towel
on the print head. Soak it with Windex. Let it soak for 10-30 minutes.
Reinstall and it will work or not. Repeat a couple of times until it works.
After four trys, I give up. If I had an Epson, I'd try this for sure.

Your mileage may vary, but I've saved many carts over the last 10 years.

Ken Elliott