[SLUG] Verizon V620 dropping calls in less than a minute

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 16:13:42 EDT

Hi Everybody!

My Verizon National Access plan is getting increasingly inaccessible. Since
the broadband is up it now drops the calls in less than a minute. I have to
reconnect dozens of times just to get my SLUG mails, forget doing research on
the web.

Verizon's tech support is only for Windows users, even level 3. I took the
piece to the store and they refreshed the database which made it worse. It
worked for 8 months at the lower speed in an ok, albeit very slow, fashion.

I never noticed it before this started, but when you take it out it is quite
hot, about like a heating pad.

It could be the network, it used to only happen at night - turn half the
system off after 1:30 AM and save electricity sort-of-thing, but now it is
whenever. I sent a letter to Charlie Crist asking for an investigation and
the jailing of a few Verizon suits. I got a nice reply, but the card still
doesn't work.

Anyone know anything about this?

Regards,

Pete