[SLUG] Splitting Cat 6 cable

From: Jan Mason (jan.mason@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 23:57:45 EDT

I am setting up a new fast Ethernet network that has one 100 foot
cable in it. I went with Cat 6 cables, Cat 6 plugs, and Cat 6 jacks.
 I want to connect two jacks at either end of the 100 foot cable. Two
pairs to each jack. The jacks are going into surface mount boxes.

Will there be a performance hit running two data circuits through one
cable? If there is a hit, do you think that I will still have full
performance for a fast Ethernet network?

Thanks for your support.

--
Jan Mason
Registered Linux User #156002