Re: [SLUG] Firefox Home Page

From: John Pugh (jpugh@novell.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 16:48:17 EDT

<f74ba5630610171924n39716092m7d5c377ad07c5d9@mail.gmail.com>, "Dave Lowe"
<davedorm@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/17/06, Rich Morgan <rmorgan@heavysystems.com> wrote:
>
>> Then check for the existance of a userprefs.js file. It can also contain
>> custom configuration information.
>
> No file of that name on the system. This is a real stumper. I would
> hate to have to uninstall and reinstall Firefox.
Most likely they changed the css to alter how it looks and acts. http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html has all the details.

You can also start ff in safe mode ./firefox-bin --safe-mode and that will bypass all of those mods.

And finally there is a config for browser.startup.homepage that loads an alternative startup page (NOT the homepage) - but I think you discounted that already.

You've spent enough time on it now. Remove and install it from the official ff site.

JP