Re: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 16:41:27 EST

On Friday 03 November 2006 15:57, John Pugh wrote:

> You know - I have offered help, opinions and answers to further the cause.
> I get nothing but grief from my posts. I guess it's time to sign off from
> this group and put my efforts where they are more useful.

It's easy to take these as attacks on you personally John, but people are just
unhappy, and feel threatened by any actions involving MS, past and present. I
doubt anyone here were aiming it at you.

We have seen that you tend to carry the flag for Novell, which is a good thing
for someone who works there to do. You have stood up for Novell, and helped
out with some issues as well. But it's easy to get the idea from those
replies, wrongly or not, that you are taking things too personal.

(The lawer comment did sound sarcastic to me too.)

What is known is that the community IS unhappy and IS wondering how this is
all going to pan out. This is obvious by all the writings, if not by this
list.

I try to follow and support those I feel are worthy of my support. When they
do things that I feel is counter productive I stop supporting them. I'm sure
you do the same.

Novell may very well have cleared a path to great glory for our community, but
it sure does not feel like it. No doubt there will be more announcements, and
time will tell.

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.