Re: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 18:17:24 EST

> There is always the choice of using "militantly free" distributions.
> Debian leaps to the forefront of my mind. IIRC, I was once chided, after
> making fun of NERD SLED, by someone in #sslug in irc.shadowworld.net
> (you might know him, he is the Editor-In-Chief of some popular websites)
> that Linus Torvalds uses SuSE. I wonder what the kernel-king thinks of
> this partnership?

Got me. Joe Barr hs been interviewing people about what they think, and
I know he and Linus talk regularly. Article will be out soon, don't know
if Linus had anything to say, but he probably is not perturbed.

BTW - that report of Linus running SUSE was in like 2003. I've seen him
a few times since then, but not in circumstances where he had a puter
with him.

- Robin