RE: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: Logan Tygart (thelogan@allyourbase-arebelongto.us)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 17:58:02 EST

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 17:40 -0500, Joe Brandt wrote:
> Novell may very well have cleared a path to great glory for our
> community, but
> it sure does not feel like it. No doubt there will be more
> announcements, and
> time will tell.
>
> I am numb with dismay, I do not know what to think. Historically,
> anyone who partners with Gates and Co gets eaten alive. If / When it
> happens this time, what should we do. Correct me if I am wrong, never
> before has an American company been labled a monopoly and nothing was
> done about it. That is exactly what happened with Microsoft. I
> personally despise Microsoft with every cell of my body and have been
> overjoyes with Novell /Suse cooperation with spreading the word of
> Linux. Betrayed to the n-th degree is what I feel now. This is truly a
> sad day.

There is always the choice of using "militantly free" distributions.
Debian leaps to the forefront of my mind. IIRC, I was once chided, after
making fun of NERD SLED, by someone in #sslug in irc.shadowworld.net
(you might know him, he is the Editor-In-Chief of some popular websites)
that Linus Torvalds uses SuSE. I wonder what the kernel-king thinks of
this partnership?

Logan

--
...let's face it, people are better at whining than they are at being happy ;) -- Linus Torvalds
Registered Linux User: 277727