Re: [SLUG] streaming video across Internet

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2006 - 14:57:04 EST

On Friday 01 December 2006 12:30, Jonathon Conte wrote:

> Has anyone on the list ever tried running a MythTV server at home and
> connecting to it from another Linux box across the Internet? What other
> streaming video options exist for Linux that could handle a TV tuner card
> and/or video stored locally at home on a server?

I started out too a while back, decided to use my 2U case as it's black and
fits nicely under my amp etc. Got a UPS, the house wired.

I discovered that it's going to be really important to research this well.
These are some new stuff and others experience doing the same:

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/306715.htm
http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT3446119016.html
http://geexbox.org/en/index.html

I had various issues and then discovered that there are now a lot more to
choose from so I'm starting over from scratch.

No doubt I'll be checking out a lot more than the ones above. If I see
something that looks promising or valuable I'll add it to this thread.

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.