RE: [SLUG] Vista runs CAD almost 10X slower

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 09:14:43 EST

>> I would be surprised if you showed me a consumer grade opengl card.

Surprise!

_Any_ nVidia GeForce video card will run OpenGL, not just the high end
workstation cards. Same for all the modern ATI cards.

OpenGL can interface with pretty much any card with 3D hardware. NT/W2K/XP
(and others) had the ability to render OpenGL in software, so even non-3D
cards would work with OpenGL apps. That's the beauty of OpenGL - it can be
supported by cheap 3D cards, and gets faster with workstation cards. That's
why it's sad to see what MS is doing.

Ken Elliott