Re: [SLUG] Windows VM on Linux

From: Todd Patton (sail@acpdata.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2007 - 17:01:08 EST

<snip>

> OK, I still can not get beyond the error 17 thing, not sure what is going on
> there. I have to run the whole thing as root or I get a whole bunch of
> permissions errros.

The permission errors I forgot about. This was common unless you open
the console as root. I played with that for a little bit and I remember
reading something about vmware was suppose to fix that in the next
version.

The error 17 thing is a GRUB error. Can you post your grub contents and
the location of the XP partition?

My XP bootloader is on the first controller, first harddisk, first
partition. I guess that is where I got

chainloader (hd0,0)+1

This "chainloads" the (XP) bootloader