Re: [SLUG] Why is time slipping?

From: blee2@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 09:53:57 EST

Thus Paul M Foster hast written on Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 10:12:48PM -0500, and, according to prophecy, it shall come to pass that:
> Oh, I *know* there's something wrong with the machine. Screen savers
> move in jumps, performance on everything is way slower than this
> CPU/memory combination should warrant.

The drivers sounds like a possibility. I'd start with swapping the
tablet for a PS2 mouse; OS could be polling the tablet all the time and
causing the problem that way...

If you just want to keep the clock close to accurate, best approach is
probably to brute force it using an every 30/20/10 minute cronjob and ntpdate.