Re: [SLUG] SLUG Website Update

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 16:42:29 EST

James Miller wrote:
> Good job. You've done what you wanted, and have a nice, clean page.
>
> Only thing that I can see is that the dividing line that runs up the
> SLUG logo needs to be fixed.

You talking about the one which runs horizontally? Unfortunately, the
originally CSS was spec'd so that the logo they used fit into that
little space on the upper left. The SLUG logo doesn't, and I had to
remove some other lines as well. Is your complaint that the line should
go all the way across (or be eliminated altogether)?

> Also, all external links should be turned into top-load's. Never carry
> your "customer" away from the website by keeping all external links as
> top-loads and your site at the same page they left it. That way, they
> can continue on your site even after they get done with the other site
> you sent them too. (That way, they can continue to check out other
> distros you have listed without having to hunt around for those links;
> remember that the people who are most likly using those links are noobs,
> and won't be used to looking more than a few clicks away...)

I'm afraid I don't understand this. "Top-load"? It sounds like what
you're saying is that external links should be loaded into a frame, with
our nav continuing to be on the left. Is that right? Otherwise, please
clarify.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster