Re: [SLUG] Novell & the Microslasher deal

From: Rich Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 14:23:12 EST

> So there it is. It was not greed but fighting for survival that made them
> do
> it. Cornered with a slump in sales they signed a deal with the devil to
> stay
> alive, so to speak.

I think it raises some questions of business ethics. Is it ok for a
company to do *anything* in order to stay afloat? Was it ethical for SCO
to sue IBM based on non-existent Unix code in the Linux kernel? Was it
ethical for Microsoft to finance the SCO suit? I mean, SCO was just
trying to stay in business and the Microsoft money invested through
Baystar was just a way to keep the doors open long enough for a buyout.
That's ok, isn't it? Even if you destroy other companies in the process,
as long as you're still in business "it's all fair" is the message I'm
getting here.

v/r,
Rich Morgan
Open Addict.com