Re: [SLUG] Florida ODF

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 07:31:47 EDT

> ...A Florida legislator proposed language that would have mandated the
> use
> of open file formats, but the proposal was defeated in committee (with
> a little help from our friends in MS).

> ...All of this has happened quietly, with no public advocacy or news
> coverage whatsoever.

I'm aware of these efforts -- and have a copy of the "anti-ODF" document
Microsoft lobbyists have been handing to Our Legislators.

Legislative ODF supporters have not wanted wide publicity for their
efforts because they've worried that public discussion would bring
Microsoft out in force to work against their bill.

Now Microsoft *is* out in force, so we'll be working on this story. If
you have any more information about it, or if you're willing to call
your state representative and/or senator about it and tell us what they
said to you in return, please contact me by email: robin@roblimo.com

Thanks,

Robin 'Roblimo' Miller
Editor in Chief, OSTG