[SLUG] boot problems

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2007 - 02:09:38 EDT

Hi, I got a new motherboard (etc), so naturally I'm
having teething problems. There was an IDE error for
hdc (my DVD-R drive), which I got around by unpowering
the optical drives. (Funny, System Rescue CD didn't
have a problem booting from that drive.

Now it hangs (or waits a VERY long time) in the boot
sequence after it goes through /etc/init.d and prints
the line:

process `syslogd' is using obsolete setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT

Anybody have a clue what's in Ubuntu's boot sequence
there, or know how to make everything verbose? One
file I can do easily enough with "set -x". Even if I
could pick and choose things to run, I could work it
out by process of elimination.

Once that's fixed, I'll work on eth0, X, ALSA,
lm_sensors...

--
-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    royalty.no-ip.org:81
TAURUS:  You will never find true happiness - what you gonna