Re: [SLUG] Music Download Services

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 14:23:57 EDT

> >> Allofmp3 is unfortunately only legal in Russia with their different
> >> copyright
> >> laws.
> >
> > That should be sufficient, as they're also only located in Russia.
> >

> Sufficient for Russia, not here. Visa/MasterCard have refused to honor
> payments to allofmp3.com. The RIAA has filed a $1.65 trillion lawsuit
> against them, and the existence of this website threatens to prevent the
> entry of Russia into the WTO. See the Wikipedia article.

Just because the RIAA disapproves doesn't make it illegal. I hope
Russia stands firm and refuses to be bullied into accepting this kind
of extremely distributor-oriented copyright law, since it's too late
for us.

--
Don't discount the ability of people to delude themselves, especially
when there's a huge paycheck attached.  --lastchance_000