Re: [SLUG] The End of an Era for SLUG?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 11:57:53 EDT

David Meyer wrote:
> This is going on all over the place. I am on four or five different
> LUGS and all are seeing the same thing. The Linux World Expo is also
> dying down, and in New York, it is no longer called Linux World...they
> changed it to "Open Solutions Summit," and isn't nearly what is once
> used to be. Linux has grown up and is now as mainstream as any Solaris
> or HP-UX environment. At least that is what my largest Enterprise
> customers are saying.
>
> I still have fun with it, but my personal drive now is to push Open
> Source as I pushed Linux before. I know the two went hand-in-hand, but
> now that Linux has graduated it appears that Open Source left to carry
> on the flight...and that is who I will take sides with.
>
> Thanks Paul, Bill and everyone else involved in SLUG leadership for so
> many great years. I for one have enjoyed computing again, thanks to
> Linux, and to the SLUG group!
>
> Dave

Thanks for that info. I have no way of knowing if other groups are
experiencing the same thing. This tells me at least that SLUG doesn't
suck as a group. (Or if we do, so does everyone else. ;-)

BTW, let me be clear: *All* SLUG meetings are *not* closing down. Only
Brandon at this point, and possibly Dunedin.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster