Re: [SLUG] The End of an Era for SLUG?

From: Bob Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2007 - 12:14:23 EDT

> David Meyer wrote:
> > This is going on all over the place. I am on four or five different
> > LUGS and all are seeing the same thing. The Linux World Expo is
also
> > dying down, and in New York, it is no longer called Linux
World...they

> Thanks for that info. I have no way of knowing if other groups are
> experiencing the same thing. This tells me at least that SLUG doesn't
> suck as a group. (Or if we do, so does everyone else. ;-)

> Paul

FWIW the same thing has happened at the Linux SIG (special
interest group) at Tampa Bay Computer Society. The SIG ended
for lack of new relevant material, and became a RecTech SIG
(recreational technology) but that lasted a few months, and is
now totally ended. A few years ago, that Linux group typically had 15
to 20 attendees, most of whom then attended a "debriefing" at
a nearby Steak and Shake.

Sad to see it end, but the reasons are just as were listed here.

- Bob