Re: [SLUG] The End of an Era for SLUG?

From: Matt Florell (astmattf@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2007 - 12:35:54 EDT

On 5/26/07, xcalibre <xcalibre@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Perhaps some one can even make a dream I had work, to start the FLA Florida, Linux, Alliance... This would unite all the Florida Linux Users groups and other members of the Open Source Community to pull together a Linux Showcase show on our own...

This is something that several of us in the Asterisk user group have
talked about at our meetings recently. We would love to put on some
kind of "Open Source Conference" for Central Florida in the Tampa area
to showcase Open-Source software in business including Linux,
Open-office, Asterisk, Apache/PHP, etc... We are still in the
conceptual stages at this point, but there is a lot of interest from
people in the Asterisk space, and we already have sponsors that would
commit to sponsoring the event if it becomes a reality.

If anyone here on the SLUG list would like to throw in their input, or
take part in the effort, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

MATT---