Re: [SLUG] The End of an Era for SLUG?

From: David Meyer (sanfrandave@gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 07:05:18 EDT

This is going on all over the place. I am on four or five different LUGS
and all are seeing the same thing. The Linux World Expo is also dying down,
and in New York, it is no longer called Linux World...they changed it to
"Open Solutions Summit," and isn't nearly what is once used to be. Linux
has grown up and is now as mainstream as any Solaris or HP-UX environment.
At least that is what my largest Enterprise customers are saying.

I still have fun with it, but my personal drive now is to push Open Source
as I pushed Linux before. I know the two went hand-in-hand, but now that
Linux has graduated it appears that Open Source left to carry on the
flight...and that is who I will take sides with.

Thanks Paul, Bill and everyone else involved in SLUG leadership for so many
great years. I for one have enjoyed computing again, thanks to Linux, and
to the SLUG group!

Dave