Re: [SLUG] The End of an Era for SLUG?

From: Rich Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 10:46:57 EDT

> This is going on all over the place. I am on four or five different LUGS
> and all are seeing the same thing.

<snip>

What if there were more themed events? Or maybe microgroups? The one
Brandon meeting I attended was dominated with Photoshop talk which is of
little interest to me (no offense). But I'd go to every meeting about
PHP, shell scripting, C, server administration, security, gaming, Angelina
Jol^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H.

When I was a member of the Pittsburgh LUG back in the 90's, our meetings
consisted of actually bringing your gear and installing various Linux
distro's on it. We'd pitch in and order some pizza, play some quake, try
to hack into each other's boxes... it was a blast. Do we do that
anymore?

It's like anything else: if we make it fun and people see that we're
having a good time, they'll be more likely to join in.

Just my 2 cents.

v/r,
Rich Morgan
Open Addict.com