Re: [SLUG] DVD iso

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2007 - 10:10:10 EDT

On 6/3/07, SOTL <sotl155360@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 02 June 2007 11:50, Joe Brandt wrote:
> > On Sunday 03 June 2007 04:29, SOTL wrote:
> > > Hi All
> > > Is there a dd comand that will allow one to write a 4.3 GB DVD iso to
> > > a 4.7 GB blank DVD disk?
> >
> > K3B should do it with no problem.
> > dd will copy the iso the disk and not format it as a disk.
> > If that is the desired effect, then drag and drop the iso onto the disk
> > (in k3b) and burn it.
>
> K3B is saying that iso is greater than 4 gb so will not burn iso.
>
> iso is 4.3 GB disk is 4.7 GB.
>
> Currently trying to use following command but am getting error
>
> [trunk@localhost ~]$
> growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=/home/trunk/tmp/mandriva-
> linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso
> :-[ READ DISC INFORMATION failed with SK=2h/ASC=3Ah/ACQ=01h]: No medium
> found
> [trunk@localhost ~]$
>
> [trunk@localhost ~]$ growisofs -dvd-compat -Z
> dev/dvd=/mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso
> :-( "dev/dvd=/mandriva-linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso": unexpected
> errno:No such file or directory
>
> [trunk@localhost ~]$
> growisofs -dvd -compat -Z /dev/dvd=/mandriva-
> linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso
> :-[ READ DISC INFORMATION failed with SK=2h/ASC=3Ah/ACQ=01h]: No medium
> found
> [trunk@localhost ~]$
>
> Sorry not picking up on why I am getting errors

Bypass k3b and use the force, Luke:

CDR_DEVICE=ATAPI:0,0,0 CDR_SPEED=8 dvdrecord driveropts=burnfree -dao
linux-2007-spring-free-dvd-i586.iso

(one line)

Not sure how that "CDR_DEVICE" works; maybe that means "the first compatible
writer"; it's hdc, so probably none of those 0s means "the secondary bus".

Speed depends on your drive and media. If you ask for too high a rate,
it'll do the maximum possible.

It might be just my drive that requires "-dao"; you can try without it and
see how it goes.

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      http://royalty.mine.nu:81
AQUARIUS:  There's travel in your future when your tongue freezes to the