Re: [SLUG] a few ideas

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 09:04:59 EDT

On Monday 11 June 2007 23:02, Robert Waldo wrote:
> After following the emails of the SLUG for a few years and attending no
> more than a few local meetings (Dunedin, St Petersburg, and New Port
> Richey) I have drawn a couple of observations regarding our local LUG. The

I must say it sounds like some good observations. Being anything but a newbee
myself I can see why some people get the idea of RTFM just from people who's
interests are focused on more advanced topics.

Speaking for myself I've always been willing to ensure that others can keep up
with what's going on, but often times people who don't know don't stand up
and say please explain. Either way, I think it would be good to know if a
meeting is going to cater to new users and or advanced. Just like it may be a
good idea to cater to various distro's.

A survey would be a good idea.

Again, I think you have made some very good observations here.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.