[SLUG] Tampa Meeting

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylan@hardison.net)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2007 - 12:21:41 EDT

Last night's meeting had a low turn out (11 all told) which is sad.
Sad for the lollygaggers that didn't show up, that is.

There were two nintendo ds lites runnng Linux being shown about and a demonstration of a
software-based keyboard-mouse switch running on three people's laptops.
Synergy (synergy2.sf.net) is quite a handy program.

Alex was in charge of the meeting, and commented that we should have stated
goals for the meetings so people know what to expect -- if they expect a
particular topic, they might not lollygag around so much.

With that in mind, the topic for the next Tampa meeting will be *BSD.
Specifically, William Overstreet will be bringing an OpenBSD box (hopefully)
and I wll be bringing a multimedia(!) freebsd box.
We'll hook these up to the projecter in turn, and also perhaps enable
ssh logins for anyone interested in actually using these systems.

If someone is capable of bringing a NetBSD box, that would be good too.

--
Bad men live that they may eat and drink, whereas good men eat and drink
that they may live.