Re: [SLUG] dead or Alive

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 16:10:22 EDT

On Friday 10 August 2007 12:59, steve szmidt wrote:
<snip>
> I would do virtualization (besides the fun of it) if it makes things easier
> or makes me more able to do my job. I run on several computers each which
> does it's own thing, Sometimes you do something which would interrupt what
> you are doing on another computer so having a second, or third machine
> makes things work a lot easier.
>
> All that computing on one computer is not doable

Hi Steve!

Things are always changing, though. With the right software selection, enough
monitors, enough memory and a big, fast processor - it won't be long before
you can have traditional mainframe performance or better in a standard
mid-tower. Maybe you can already.

--
Regards,

Pete http://www.pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.