Re: [SLUG] Linux Virtual Organ

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylan@hardison.net)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 14:43:10 EDT

Spake Pete Theisen on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 05:30AM -0500:
> Hi Sluggers!
>
> I want to build a Linux Virtual Organ before I die.

I recommend Xen for that. With the right hardware, we can probably virtualize
all your major organs at a fraction of the current power requirements.
Virtualization technology has been a hot topic lately, but I think what
you are
proposing is more hard-core than just about anything I have read. I salute
you.

I know you only want to virtualize one , but that is not feasible given the
current technology. I do not think there are adequate interfaces between
physical and virtual organs. It is all or nothing.