Re: [SLUG] Linux Virtual Organ

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 14:54:31 EDT

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 08:01, steve szmidt wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 August 2007 08:55, Pete Theisen wrote:
> > Yes, there are different flavors, aren't there! I haven't used USB very
> > much. It sounds interesting, though - I understand that up to 7 USB
> > devices can go into one port? Thanks for the input!
>
> Wait, does the standard not say 127 devices?

Hi Steve!

Well, the last time I looked it was 7, but that could have been over 10 years
ago. Maybe it was enough power for 7 unpowered devices, or something like
that :-)

I have a box that has 4 USB slots, a notebook with 2 slots and two other
machines that I can't see right now but they each have some USB slots.
However, I only have mice and a flash drive that use USB so it has never been
an issue, there have always been enough ports.

One of my correspondants on another list says when he hooks up more than one
USB device the speed drops noticeably. Drops the speed enough to bother him.

--
Regards,

Pete http://www.pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.